Your location:
N-methylol acrylamide

All Categories

Recommended news

Number of views:

N-methylol acrylamide

Contact: Qu Jitao Mobile: 13964328520 Phone: 0533-6536101 Fax: 0533-6538026
Retail price
Market price
Number of views:
Product serial number
Product description

Product description

N-Methylolacrylamide is a white crystalline powder. The relative density is 1.185 (23/4°C), and the melting point is 75°C. It is very soluble in water. At 20°C, 100 grams of water can dissolve 116 grams. It can also be dissolved in general hydrophilic solvents. For fatty acid esters, acrylic acid and methacrylate esters, it is also quite soluble when heated, but It is almost insoluble in hydrophobic solvents such as hydrocarbons and halogenated hydrocarbons. Can be used as a crosslinking agent, widely used in fiber modified resins, processing dyes, plastic binders, soil stabilizers, etc.; the product has double bonds conjugated with carbonyl groups and reactive methylol groups in its molecules. A cross-linkable monomer with a wide range of uses, used in fiber modification, resin processing, adhesives, and surface treatment agents for paper, leather, and metals, and also used as soil amendments.

On October 27, 2017, the list of carcinogens published by the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization was preliminarily compiled and referenced. N-methylolacrylamide was included in the list of three types of carcinogens.

Chinese name N-hydroxymethyl acrylamide

English name N-Methylol acrylamide

Chinese alias

CAS RN 924-42-5

EINECS No. 213-103-2

Molecular formula C4H7NO2

Molecular weight 101.1039

Physical and chemical properties

"Properties: White powder, easily soluble in water or hydrophilic solvents, but insoluble in solvents such as hydrocarbon halogenated hydrocarbons. It is unstable in moist air or water and is easy to polymerize. When there is acid in the aqueous solution, it will quickly polymerize when heated. Insoluble resin


It is a raw material for the manufacture of thermosetting resins, light-curing epoxy resin coatings, oil-resistant coatings, and drying coatings. The copolymer emulsion is used for fiber finishing, fabric, leather and paper coating. It is also used as an adhesive for wood and metal.

Used as a crosslinking monomer for acrylic emulsions. The amount of carboxyl-containing acrylic emulsion hydraulic sensitive adhesive is 1% to 2% of the total monomer mass. If it exceeds 3%, the initial adhesion will be greatly reduced. For emulsion adhesives that do not contain carboxyl groups, the general dosage is not more than 5%. The MMAM cross-linking reaction temperature alone is higher, generally 120-170°C, and the proton-type catalyst can be added to lower the cross-linking temperature. Acrylic acid (AA) can not only provide hydrogen protons, but also copolymerize with acrylate, so MMAM is used as a composite crosslinking agent with AA, and the amount is preferably 3:2. The cross-linking agent HA can replace N-methylol acrylamide and does not contain formaldehyde.

We could not find any corresponding parameters, please add them to the properties table

Inquiry Now

Username used for comment:

Shandong Xinglu Biological Technology Co., Ltd.

Address: No. 788, Xinglu Avenue, Zhoucun District, Zibo City, Shandong Province

Office Tel: 0533-6538000 0533-6538111 (fax)

Marketing Department Phone:




Trade product marketing: 0533-6538002 0533-6538222 (fax)

Product marketing: 0533-6538080 0533-6538222 (fax)

Email (marketing):

Email (Foreign Trade Department):

  • xinglu
  • xinglu

Powered by